- Category: Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration, Management
- Position: Cashier/Storekeeper
- Location: Addis Ababa with frequent travel to the field, Addis Ababa
- Salary: As Per the Organization Scale
- Deadline: Sep 10, 2023
Founded in 2011, WEEMA International is a nonprofit organization working in Southwestern Ethiopia. WEEMA is licensed to operate in Ethiopia as a foreign charity. We partner with rural communities to provide safe water, quality education, economic opportunities, and lifesaving healthcare so the whole community—including the most marginalized—can thrive. We aim to serve as a model of community-led development, demonstrating the power of development by Ethiopians for Ethiopians.
The Cashier/Storekeeper is responsible for handling petty cash funds, financial documents and checks. She/he supports in encoding financial data into the prevailing accounting system. She/he supports annual and periodic inventory of fixed assets and consumables. She/he prepares all disbursement and collection documents after review and approval. She/he facilitates signature and approval of financial documents. She/he handles the store and manages movement of materials to/from the store by fulfilling pertinent procedures and documentations. She/he responsible for checking Head office cash flow.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Job Responsibility #1: Financial Management and Accounting
- Prepares financial documents (payments and receipts) after review and approval is completed;
- Creates and maintains financial files;
- Writes checks and process approval; Issue checks to payees and collect appropriate receipts;
- Creates and maintains check register;
- Support for Encode financial data into the prevailing accounting system in due time;
- Holds custody of official documents and vouchers of the organization;
- Make all payments with a proper payment request form and through/with original invoices and/or approved;
- Make sure all invoices and other payment initiating supporting documents are original, free of cancellation, and readable;
- Facilitate Cash transfer to project office based on approved work advance request;
- Assist the Associate Finance officer in replenishing all finance-related documents on time so that WEEMA’s records show up-to-date balance and the cash-count always match the register balance;
- Ensure that all externally generated invoices have legal receipts unless specifically justified and approved by Country Director, before payment is incurred;
- Check all financial documents are reviewed and approved before payment is effected;
- Keep records of all amount paid & received by stamping PAID & RECEIVED to avoid double payment;
- Make sure payment is effected ONLY through payment voucher;
- Make sure all training payments are ready at least 2-hour ahead as per the attendance sheet presented;
- Make sure all payments are made in accordance with WEEMA’S Finance Manual
- Ensure Receipt Voucher is issued for all cash collections.
- Ensure collected cash is deposited to WEEMAs’ bank accounts on the same day or reasonably the next day
- Responsible for preparing income tax, pension contribution, withholding tax and other obligations monthly;
Job Responsibility #2: Store and Property Management
- Ensures the tidiness and order of the store at all times;
- Receive and distribute materials to/from the store upon proper authorization and documentation;
- Updates all store records at all times;
- Prepare and share monthly/quarterly store status reports;
- Facilitates annual and periodic inventory of fixed assets and consumables;
- Prepare Goods Receiving Vouchers based on the legality of receipts/invoice;
- Prepare Goods Issue Voucher based on approved ware house request;
- Prepare separate fixed asset record for all employees;
Job Responsibility #3: Policy, compliance and others
- Adhere to the PSEAH Policy and Code of Conduct, and report all concerns of any suspected violation of these policies.
- Contribute to the realization of WEEMA’s Gender Strategy and inclusive culture, including doing one’s part to create a safe, equitable, and nondiscriminatory environment.
- Stick to WEEMA HR Manual, Child Protection Policy, Gender Strategy, Whistleblowing Policy, Safety and Security Policy and PSEAH Policy.
- Perform other duties as required by the FM.
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Operations
REPORTS TO: Finance Manager
Mode of Employment: One-year contract with the possibility of extension
- BA in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Management, Business Administration, Purchase and procurement/Supply chain management, marketing or related discipline.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in INGO/NGO.
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Excellent computer application skills; familiarity with accounting software is required.
- Good interpersonal communication skill and ability to effectively liaise with government, vendors and service providers;
- Excellent knowledge of donor’s rules and regulations, local government tax regulations;
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and decision-making skills;
- Proficiency in English and Amharic languages is required; Proficiency in other local languages desirable
- Proven team building and management skills
How to Apply
Application Procedure: Interested and qualified applicants shall submit their application letter along with non-returnable CV and work experience via Email to [email protected] with the subject Cashier/Storekeeper. CV’s of no more than 3 pages are appreciated. Applications must be received at this email address by Starting from September 1/2023 to September 10/2023 to be considered. Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be shortlisted and contacted. For any additional information, please contact us at 0116683160
Note: WEEMA International is an equal opportunity employer and is nondiscriminatory regarding race, creed, ethnicity, disability, religion, gender, age, marital status, etc. Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.