Category: Accounting and Finance
Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
Position: Treasury Manager
Career Level: Managerial Level (Manager, Supervisor, Director)
Employment Type: Full time
Deadline: May 23, 2023
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is a must.
- Higher education in accounting, finance, or business is a plus.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Previous experience in a similar position in a big corporate for at least 7 years
- Understanding of the investing and lending environment of the company/sector served.
Required Differentiating Competencies
- Knowledge of internationally used treasury standards.
- Expertise in Accounting / Finance
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Detail Oriented
Come work with United Beverages Ethiopia at a growing company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished business leaders.
Manage treasury operations of the company, including general financial oversight, funding, cash management, credit management, treasury reporting, banking and related record keeping, and control and risk management of fixed assets.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage the daily operations of the treasury office.
- Manage the daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain records to document treasury operations.
- Manage and reconcile daily cash balances.
- Negotiate bank and service fees.
- Implement new bank technologies, products, and services to improve the cash cycle and simplify company operations.
- Support long-term capital markets activities, including public debt financings.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure liquidity and solvency of UB.
- Manage the process of cash needs forecasting and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow.
- Manage the process of risk management.
- Advise on best plans for major risks, including the safeguarding of fixed assets.
- Manage the process of analyzing the impact of financial markets on the performance of UB’s products.
- Assist in negotiations of loan or overdraft terms with company bankers.
- Assist in negotiations of investments with potential investors.
- Identify and report on financial matters impacting the company as a whole.
- Lead the liaison with bankers and investors and maintain positive working relationships.
- Propose improvements to treasury systems.
- Assign projects and tasks to direct staff.
- Assist in the process of annual report production.
- Mentor and coach direct reports on technical and soft skills.
- Work closely with other finance departments to achieve the overall objectives of the finance department
- Work closely with finance and non-finance teams to contribute to the budgeting process.
- Join various strategic and operational meetings to support the decision-making process.
- Assist Finance Director and Accounting Manager with financial reporting as required at Board meetings and Annual General Meetings and provide advice to support the decision-making process
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who fulfill the above requirement can send/submit their CV and Cover letter within 7 consecutive working days from the date of announcement through Email: [email protected] by stating for which role they are applying in the subject line of their email.