- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Senior Accountant
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: June 2, 2023
Education & Experience
- BA Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields from a recognized University and a minimum of Four (4) years of relevant experience in Manufacturing and /or merchandise business;
- In-depth Excel and general ledger computer application knowledge, excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to exercise sound and logical judgment in various situations;
- Visible and recognized expertise in financial systems, including general ledger, GAAP, financial statement presentation, budgeting, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable;
- Expertise in the use of spreadsheet and other software programs available to maximize efficiency;
- Experience in closing procedure
- Experience using software to identify and analyze quality indicators and data, measure variables and highlight trends.
- Experience using ERP software specially NAV.
Shemu Group is a conglomerate company composed of Shemu PLC, Asveza Ethiopia Retailing Share Company other functional private limited companies with a fast growth track record. The Companies in the group engaged in manufacturing (liquid soap, bar soap, Edible oil and shortening products), retail service providing, printing, trading and engineering. Based on this, our sister Company, S-BOOM Merchandising want to hire competent, energetic, enthusiastic and capable applicants for the post we have.
- Create and analyze liability, asset, and capital accounts by compiling electronic data and required documentation;
- Summarize and prepare financial status and transactions reports, including a profit and loss statement, and other necessary reports;
- Completing monthly financial statement close work in accordance with closing schedule;
- Comply with all federal state, and local protocols including legal requirements, and interpret new and existing legislation;
- Focus on tax compliance, state business registration and contract review;
- Under the supervision of the Finance Manager create a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for accounting policy and regulations, and roll out reconciliation procedures;
- Taking part in Monitoring and maintenance of a new audit system by implementing new policies and procedures in the finance department;
- Guide junior accountants and other staff by answering questions and coordinating informational classes;
- Play a vital part in the company’s financial management which includes all account reconciliations and reporting to necessary parties;
- Active participation and contribution in all required audits ,cost reporting and tax filings; audit, cost report and tax return lists to be completed by established deadlines;
- Take the lead in coordination of accounts payable month closing process, handling accounting issues and answering accounting questions for business office personnel.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the stated requirements can submit their application letter, CV, and relevant credentials with non-returnable photocopies in person within seven (07) consecutive days to Shemu Group Corporate Office located around Kality Total, in front of Kality Metals Factory, Shemu Group Corporate Office 2nd floor.
Through email stating “Application for Senior Accountant” in the subject line through Email [email protected] in a single PDF file attachment.