Category: Accounting and Finance
Location: Addis Ababa
Position: General Accountant
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
Deadline: May 25, 2023
Required qualifications and competencies are as follows:
- B.A Degree in Accounting and Finance.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant job experience, preferably in the hospitality sector
- Ability to use computer Applications
- Knowledge of Sage (ERP), Opera, MC System
- Analytical and Problem-solving skill
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and handle multiple assignments
- Capable of working in a team environment
Radisson Blu Hotel, Addis Ababa which is centrally located in Kazanchis Business District adjacent to the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa conference hall (UNECA-AA) and just eight kilometers from Bole International Airport is looking for a dynamic, self-starter to join our team as a General Accountant.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To verify the General Cashier’s Report, and Income JV
- To verify supplier payments with supporting invoices, LPOs etc
- To verify expense reimbursement with supporting documents, and ensure that they are in accordance with the policies and procedures
- To review payroll reports with supporting documents at the month end.
- To follow up for the renewals of contracts expiring
- Adjustments entries to be prepared on the basis of General Ledger reconciliation
- Preparation of bank reconciliation statement
- To review General Ledger at month end, and analyse expenses and major variations from the budget
- Preparing and posting adjustments and closing entries
- To ensure that all accounting reports and job deadlines for other staff are met
- Miscellaneous jobs include the following and have to be completed as and when the need arises:
- Reconciliation of operating equipment and clearing of provisions by year end.
- Inter-hotel payments to be followed up.
- Reconciliation of intercompany account
How to Apply
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications are invited to send their applications including a detailed CV and related supporting documents by email through [email protected].
Application DeadLine: – May 25th, 2023
Note:- Only short listed candidates will be contacted