Category: Accounting and Finance
Position: Finance Officer/Accountant
Location: Addis Ababa
Deadline: May 22, 2023
Finance Officer/Accountant works under the guidance of the PC’s Finance and Administration Head at the Addis Ababa Office level and is responsible for working PC’s development and emergency projects in Ethiopian Somali Regional State, project activities in regard to finance and accounting assigned position. S/he is responsible for closely working with the respective Finance and Admin and Programme departments in PC Head Office, Woreda, and zonal level for organizing; coordinating, and facilitating Project financial activities based on the implementation plan. The Finance Officer/Accountant represents PC values and principles in interactions with staff and external audiences. These values and principles include a commitment to the mission of PC, team orientation, quality management, and leadership development, and introducing systems and procedures to strengthen staff motivation and productivity. The Finance Officer/Accountant is responsible for providing technical support to the staff for the implementation of the aforementioned Projects. Ensure finance and accounting program implementation is in line with the planned budget and ensure program performance is in line with international and national standards.
- Responsible for maintaining proper financial transaction records in the accounting system on a daily basis;
- Assist in processing disbursements and prepare vouchers, bank letters / Cheques by ensuring the validity as well as the completeness of supporting documents;
- Perform in processing cash & Cheque collections, acknowledge the receipt by issuing cash receipt voucher (CRV);
- Ensuring timely settlement of travel advances, another receivable;
- Perform payroll preparation and disbursement processes;
- Ensuring timely settlement of monthly bills.
- Assist in the prepare journal voucher for non-cash transactions;
- Perform coding transactions,
- Assist in timely reconciliation and settlement of taxes (WHT and employment income tax) and pension contributions.
- Undertake VAT reimbursement requests and follow-up processes for USAID-funded projects;
- Assist in reviewing petty cash records and documentation.
- Undertake petty cash count.
- Assist in finance and administration file management;
- Assist in the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts;
- Undertake periodic financial reporting and budget development as well as monitoring processes;
- Assist in reviewing procurement documentation in line with PC policy and donors’ requirements.
- Assist in partner financial review, as required.
- Assist in administration and logistics services processes, as required;
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor;
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, and achieving and role modeling PC’s values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance, and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for him/her and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development, and encourages their team to do the same.
- Widely shares their personal vision for PC, engages and motivates others.
- Future-orientated thinks strategically and acts on a local scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners, and supporters.
- Values diversity and sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates the highest levels of integrity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the MINIMUM requirements should send the following through
Pastoralist Concern or Ethio Jobs Email Address
Pastoralist Concern Head Office
A complete CV (not more than 3 pages)
A cover letter (not more than one page)
A one-page table summarizing your educational background, work experience, technical skills, and competencies to facilitate the screening process. Refer to the vacancy announcement while doing this
Please DO NOT SUBMIT copies of transcripts, academic degrees, or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU STATE THE CODE OF THE VACANCY IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL. All applications should be received within 10 days of this advertisement.
Note: All travel costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for a written exam or interview.