- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Finance Technical Assistant
- Location: Jigjiga, Somali
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: Jul 25, 2023
The finance assistant will help implement and monitor NRC’s financial management activities in Country office/ The finance assistant role is to assist in day-to-day implementation of financial responsibilities as defined.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day-to-day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in the area of Livelihoods and Food Security
- Archiving, organizing, and updating financial documents both in hard and soft.
- Scanning and filing of all financial documents in soft.
- Ensure that all the documents are properly placed, properly filed and labelled.
- Manage the soft filling.
- Providing vouchers to auditors and place them back in the file folder.
- Help accountants on filing of monthly financial vouchers.
- Maintain records to ensure the long term preservation and easy retrieval of documents and information.
- Upon request of finance staff scan the documents and vouchers.
- Make sure and advice the users on how to best to access, use and retrieve the archives.
- Ensure financial documents are collected from field offices regularly and on time.
- Liaise with compliance department audit and finance for any matter related to archive.
- Assist tax officer in all taxation matters including but not limited to extracting documents and preparing tax report in case necessary.
- Help the finance staff in the acquisition and retrieval of documents.
- Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Good written and spoken Somali Good spoken English.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Creativity and willingness to try new things
- A positive and collaborative attitude and willingness to work in a team
- A willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment
Context related skills, knowledge, and experience:
- BA degree in Finance.
- At least 3 years’ relevant progressive experience.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Previous work experience with a satisfactory performance in the same or similar functional area, preferably with UN or INGOs
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
- Empowering and building trust