- Category: Accounting and Finance, Human Resource and Recruitment
- Location: South Omo, Jinka, SNNPR
- Position: Project Fin/HR Manager (Local Status)
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: As per the Organization salary Scale
- Deadline: May 23, 2023
Education and work experience requirements
- Education: Essential: bachelor’s in finance, management (business, HR) or administration. Accounting Diploma desirable.
- Experience: Essential: working experience of at least two years in relevant and similar jobs. Desirable working experience with MSF or other international NGOs.
- Knowledge: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Good computer skills: MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- Language: Essential fluent English and Amharic, other local languages are desirable.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid in more than 70 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or exclusion from healthcare.
Planning, coordinating and implementing HR, Admin and Financial activities and policies in the project according to legal obligations and MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to provide quality, reliable and transparent information to the organization on the use and allocation of resources in the project and to realize the HR capacity required to achieve project objectives.
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator (PC) and the HR Coordinator (HRCo) and Finance Coordinator (Finco), calculating, analysing and monitoring the project’s HR and Financial operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the project and proper allocation of funds according to funding contracts. Proposing corrective actions when required.
- Planning, supervising and ensuring the implementation of, in close coordination with the HRCo, the associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing, induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the project staff in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required. Supporting the project line managers in said processes in order to improve staff capabilities, their end results contribution to mission goals and to boost their active participation and MSF commitment.
- Advising on set-up and updating the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions and assisting the PC, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities
- Ensuring hiring, amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level are according to local labour laws. Archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance. In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, looking for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project
- Supervising/performing payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of the project national employees are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments. Under supervision of the HRCo, ensuring the indexation process of the national staff salary grids are in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites
- In close collaboration with the PC and HRCo, implementing the administrative procedures of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (e.g. Ministry of Health, etc.) and MSF
- Implementing circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank reconciliation) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security.
- Implementing and supervising transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following MSF guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place. Ensuring and controlling the monthly and yearly accountancy closure and all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (Homère and accounting software monthly closure, sitreps, etc.)
- Being responsible for all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Project.
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Collaborate closely with all departments to be aware of their HR and financial needs
- Anticipate project cash needs in advance and management of cash flow
- Actively participate in project coordination meeting and present the current HR and Finance topics
- Preparing the weekly and monthly report of project HR and finance activities
- Actively develop and adapt the HR strategy together with the department heads and the PC according to project needs
- Delegation of tasks where suitable
- Gain knowledge on all available tools and information sources to manage project activities in an efficient way
- Discuss and establish financing procedures with the Finco
- Participate in strategic discussions on MSF strategy in South Omo
- Conduct staff evaluations
- Implement learning and development system and opportunities
- Prepare and update project budget in close collaboration with the Finco
- Offer training and induction sessions to staff
How to Apply
If you are interested, please send your National ID, CV (not more than 3 pages), and cover letter (not more than one page) with “Project Fin/HR Manager” written in the subject line through [email protected] by email OR Physically to our offices located in Jinka Town (200m from Besha Restaurant) and Konso, Karat Town MSF Office ( Former Green Hotel).
Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF Belgium promotes EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION.
We strongly encourage women and people with reduced mobility (able to work in remote places) to apply.