- Category: Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration
- Position: Administration and Finance Officer
- Location: Aksum – Ahasea, Tigray
- Starting date: Immediately /ASAP
- Employment Term: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- Basic Salary: 37,440.00 ETB
- Reported to: Administration and finance Manager / Finance Coordinator
- Deadline: June 5, 2023
- BA Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related filed
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar positions
- Experience in an international NGO
Skills and qualities required
- Strong organizational skills in emergency situations and autonomous in daily operations,
- Good working knowledge of English and Tigrena language an asset
- Excellent reporting skills
- Good communication skills
- Fully fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Sagaa application
- Showing flexibility, reactivity, anticipation, adaptability;
- Experience/knowledge of the Tigray region is a plus
- Fluent English essential, including good English writing skills
- Amharic and Tigrinya is essential
- French: an asset
Médecins du Monde or Doctors of the World, is an international humanitarian organization which provides emergency and long-term medical care to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Médecins du Monde (MDM) is operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects. MDM–France invites qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
The Administration and finance officer is responsible for the organization of the field administrative and finance components. This person will work closely with the partner, providing support in terms of accountancy, finance and HR Management.
Duties and responsibilities
Finance and Accountancy
- Receives and keeps all the receipts and invoices and fills and stamps them when payment is made.
- Gives title, puts analytics, accountancy and budget codes, and files all invoices and receipts on a daily basis.
- Verifies that all the documents required by MDM financial procedures are included before payment.
- Registers the accountancy (keep and update the bank and cash journal) according to the accountancy plan and budget plan.
- Prepares and updates monthly accountancy to be sent to Finance & Administrative Manager for final closure. soft and hard versions, makes a photocopy of the original documents before sending it to Coordination.
- Ensures the presentation, circulation, filing and archiving of accounts and financial documents in accordance with Ethiopian regulations and MDM procedures.
- Manages his/her cashbox and keeps the cashbook updated on a daily basis.
- Does daily cash control of the cashbox ensure a cash count at least once a week and a cash control signed by the Finance & Administrative Manager and Field Coordinator.
- Follows up and balances the operational advances given to any member of the team.
- Timely request the finance & administrative manager to withdraw cash from the bank.
- Follow up and ensure timely payment of staff income tax and pension contributions, Withholding tax payments and periodical Office and utility Bills.
Administrative and HR Management
- Create, keep and update all national employee administrative files according to the set procedure.
- Prepare employment contracts and other documents related to employment contracts, check contract dates and inform to Administration and Finance Coordinator/ Human Resource Manager / Human Resource Officer before their expiry date.
- Receive the leave requests from employees, ensuring the leave request is approved by the responsible person, insuring the annual leave is deducted, keep them in the personal files.
- Have the employee sign their contract and other letters on time and send them to the Coordinating Office on time
- Monitoring and enforcing the pension registration and pension contributions.
- Archives and files all official correspondence
- Organize / archive all HR and Administrative information in the respective files.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to fill the application form at the following link
https://forms.gle/g3pKojuCuqbqg4ja8 (Note: All the information that provided in this form is true and accurate) and submit your CV with cover letter through [email protected] with the subject Administration and Finance Officer / Ethiopia, Tigray Region -Aksum – Ahasea
NB: Please notice that if you have not heard from MdM within 15 days of the submission date of the deadline, you should presume you were not short listed for this position. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. However, MdM thanks you for your interest and encourages you to apply for other openings where your skills and experience match.