- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Finance & Administration Intern
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Entry Level (Fresh Graduate)
- Employment Type: Internship
- Deadline: Sep 11, 2023
About Link Education Ethiopia
Link Education Ethiopia (LEE) is part of Link Education International (LEI), a family of not for profit organizations working together to transform education for children and communities across impoverished areas of Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda and Uganda. Since our foundation in 1995 we have worked in 3,000 schools and improved the lives of over 2,000,000 children through unique and effective school improvement models. We guide governments and educators to adopt low-cost solutions to improve learning and support for children, with a focus on literacy, numeracy and inclusion for the most marginalized children. Through a partnership delivery model which embeds piloting and learning within local systems, we influence changes to policy, practice and accountability on a national scale, and ou
interventions are regularly adapted and replicated by governments and NGOs in new countries and contexts. LEI, based in Edinburgh – Scotland, supports all project, M&E, fundraising, finance and governance activities in our four sub-Saharan partner countries.
‘Increasing Youth Workforce with Special Focus on Women’ Internship Programme – Finance & Administration Intern
This year, on the occasion of International Women’s Day, LEE has decided to launch the ‘Increasing Youth Workforce with Special Focus on Women’ Internship Programme which will offer internship opportunities to only Ethiopian female students and graduates from accredited universities for academic and practical on-the-job trainings and mutual sharing of skills and expertise, as a way to identify and attract future talent into our organization and a strategy to increase and empower our female national workforce both in number and leadership roles.
As part of our Internship Programme, we are looking for a Finance & Administration Intern responsible for learning and performing a variety of administrative, clerical and finance tasks to support her knowledge acquisition as well as the Finance & Administration Team at LEE – Addis Ababa Country Office.
Indicative Areas of Key Responsibilities
- Make all payments with a proper payment request form and back-up documents (e.g. original invoices and/or approved e-mails)
- Replenish all documents on time so that the organization record shows up to date balance & on a given time the cash count should much the register balance
- Avail all cash request of projects and pay without any significant delay to the intended purpose as per the approved request.
- Keep records of all amount paid & received safe and forward to Finance & Administration Officer
- Check all financial documents are reviewed and approved before payments are effected
- Assist the Finance & Administration Team with bank reconciliation queries at the end of every month within the reporting deadline limit. Similarly, assist the Finance & Administration Team with petty cash account reconciliation at the end of every month.
- Maintain filling of all financial documents, all Payment vouchers, so that easy access and tracing is possible.
- Perform other related tasks as per the Finance & Administration Manager’s request Contract Type Internship Contract (3 months with possibility of extension to maximum 6 months)
Reporting to :Finance & Administration Manager – Link Education Ethiopia – Addis Ababa Country Office
Pocket Money: 5913 ETB
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Contract Type :Internship Contract (3 months with possibility of extension to maximum 6 months
- As per the LEE ‘Increasing Youth Workforce with Special Focus on Women’ Internship Programme, an intern is either:
- A female youth student from an accredited university, both graduate and undergraduate, who in her last year before graduation, needs to attain practical work experience to fulfil academic requirements
- A female youth graduate who—within 12 months of her graduation date—needs to gain practical work experience in her area of study.
- Interns should be between 18 and 29 of age as per National Youth Policy of the Ministry of Women,
- Children and Youth which states that “a youth is anyone from the ages of 18 to 29”.
- Undertaking a, or in possession of, a Diploma/ BA Degree in Accounting, Finance and related field
- Good communication skill in English and Amharic languages.
- Good interpersonal and team skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Sympathy with the aims and objectives of Link
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action;
- Commitment to Link’s Safeguarding and gender policies.
- Be an individual with high standards of integrity, with excellent negotiating skills and ability to manage external relationships.
How to Apply
Your cover letter should detail how you meet the required criteria
It should also include your available start date
The closing date for applications is Monday, September 11, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
Only female candidates and female with
disability are encouraged to apply!