- Category: Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration, Management
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Position: Import Controller
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: May 23, 2023
- Terms of Employment: Permanent /Indefinite
- Required Number: One (1)
- MA/MSC/BA/BSC in Supply management /Business administration /Accounting and Finance or related fields of study.
- Certification in ACCA or equivalent is a plus;
- 2 years for MA/MSC or 4 years for BA/BSc related experience out of which 3/4years should be in managerial position(s) preferably in Beverage Industries.
- The Import controller is responsible to follow up and monitoring of all import related tasks in order to ensure timely delivery of items and services. His incumbent also include to oversee and support the procurement functions and custom transiting service activities at
Kegna Beverages S.C. is a beverages Manufacturing Industry established on April 1, 2017. The beverages green field project is located in Oromia Regional State, West Shewa Zone, on the outskirt of Ginchi town while the project office is located at Elilly International Hotel new building 10th floor Kazanchis, Finfinnee, Ethiopia. The company will engage in producing quality alcoholic & non- alcoholic beer brands in the first phase while the 2nd phase expansion plan is to produce carbonated water, Juices and other portfolios.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Communicate to supplier and confirm shipment schedule of orders
- Follow up and monitoring of shipment readiness
- Properly book shipments and monitor arrival at the appropriate port of destination
- Appropriately book shipments to avoid delays
- Ensure clearance documents are transferred to the bank timely with the appropriate route.
- Collect the shipping documents timely and deliver to the transistor timely.
- Collect Ensure timely shipment, transportation and clearance of orders at the port to reduce warehouse charges, avoid penalties, and currency fluctuation impact costs.
- Establish shipment tracking system and monitor accordingly.
- Create good relation with bank, custom, clearance and shipping staffs.
- File the import transaction documentations until it is cleared from National bank of Ethiopia and custom post audit.
- Reconcile orders against shipping invoices.
- Ensure the delivery of the items to the appropriate warehouse.
- Ensure the shipment is inspected before receiving and the goods are delivered as per the order.
- Communicate suppliers if discrepancies occur and get refund or replacement
- Ensure punctuality.
- Performs other similar tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Emotional maturity.
- Strong influencing and persuasion ability.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Strong customer orientation and partnership.
- Proficiency in advanced Microsoft and ERP.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Ability to handle confidential information with care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Fluency in Afan Oromo, Amharic and English is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants who meets the requirements should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form.
Fill out this Online Application Form or use the following link to apply for the position:
If you do not fill the online application form, your application will not be considered.
Please attach your application; CV and credentials in ONE “Word” or “PDF” file with a maximum file size 10MB with file name format: “your full name-position title”.
Application deadline: May 23/ 2023
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applications not conforming to the above instructions will NOT be considered. No phone calls please.
For more information about Kegna Beverages S.C., please visit our website www.kegnabeverages.com.