- Category: Accounting and Finance, Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain
- Position: Import controller
- Required no: one(1)
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Employment Type: Full time
- Terms of Employment: Permanent /Indefinite
- Deadline: June 5, 2023
- Masters or Bachelor Degree in Purchasing, Supply management, Finance
- 2/4 years’ experience on import related field
Kegna Beverages S.C. is a beverages Manufacturing Industry established on April 1, 2017. The beverages green field project is located in Oromia Regional State, West Shewa Zone, on the outskirt of Ginchi town while the project office is located at Elilly International Hotel new building 10th floor Kazanchis, Finfinnee, Ethiopia. The company will engage in producing quality alcoholic & non- alcoholic beer brands in the first phase while the 2nd phase expansion plan is to produce carbonated water, Juices and other portfolios. For more information about Kegna Beverages S.C., please visit our website www.kegnabeverages.com.
Hence, Kegna Beverages S.C. would like to invite competent and qualified candidates to apply for the following position:
Purpose of the job:
The Import Controller is responsible to maintain all information related to import activity. Ensure that records are correct and timely updated. Build data base to collect post clearance activities and payment information, timely update and check correctness payment documents and KPI of the clearing company.
- Arrange/prepare insurance application
- Arrange/prepare CAD or LC forms
- Arrange bank approvals for foreign orders
- Ensure receiving of orders to intended receiver
- Report regularly Foreign Currency approval status
- Check duties , taxes are correct and timely paid
- Maintain all foreign transaction files per category and per file to enable easy traceability of orders
- Register foreign payments to enable calculate the total cost of the purchase per transaction
- Collect receipts for payments related to foreign transaction and arrange settlements with finance
- Follow up arrival of shipping docs , check completeness and align the documents with the outsourced forwarder
- Reconcile documents, purchase statuses, and payment information with the outsourced forwarder
- Ensure completeness of purchase transaction files and follow up arrange foreign purchase settlement with National bank
- Arrange insurance claim follow up insurance cases when such need arise.
- Ensure complete settlement of payments with Suppliers and Finance Department
- Conduct continues communication with the Clearance service provider to timely update post shipment information , check correctness and indicate improvement area
- Prepare on regular base clearance and transportation status reporting
- Follow up and monitor good receipt issuance and financial settlement of each import transaction.
- Register and follow up import purchase returns, insurance claims and foreign currency settlements
- Check payment requests are correct and Kegna Beverages pays for expenses raised from its liability.
- Follow up and ensure service provider invoices is presented timely
- Timely process service invoices.
- Resolve all issues regarding invoices timely and amicably
- Provide to Finance with transparent cash flow requirement related to project purchase
- Perform related Job and duties as required
- Strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Emotional maturity
- Strong influencing and persuasion ability
- Strong decision-making skills
- Strong customer orientation and partnership
- Proficiency in advanced Microsoft and ERP
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks
- Ability to handle confidential information with care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Fluency in Afan Oromo, Amharic and English is required.
Reporting to: Procurement manager
Department: Supply chain
Duty Station /Location: Addis Ababa
Terms of Employment: Permanent /Indefinite
Required Number: One (1)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants who meets the requirements should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form.
1. Fill out this Online Application Form or use the following link to apply for the position:
If you do not fill the online application form, your application will not be considered.
3. Please attach your application; CV and credentials in ONE “Word” or “PDF” file with a maximum file size 10MB with file name format: “your full name-position title”.
4. Application deadline: June 5/ 2023
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applications not conforming to the above instructions will NOT be considered. No phone calls please.