Category: Accounting and Finance, Admin, Secretarial and Clerical, Banking and Insurance
Location: Addis Ababa
Position: Admin and Accountant
Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
Deadline: Jun 3, 2023
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Banking & Finance from a recognized University
- Minimum of 2(two) years of accounting experience in any firm
- Extensive knowledge of financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Working experience with accounting software such as Peachtree Accounting
- Good understanding of tax laws of the country.
- Experience of e-tax, e-payment, etc.
- Strong attention to detail (accounting and reporting accuracy and identification of errors)
- Excellent written and verbal communication English skills is must.
- Proficient in Microsoft office such as word processing, Excel, etc.
- Only Female applicants are highly preferred
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintains appropriate chart of accounts and inventory items in Peachtree Accounting system.
- Collects and files systematically transactions supporting documents such as contract agreements, invoices, payment vouchers, receipt vouchers, bank advices, import documents, payroll, etc.
- Prepares budget for the total expenses of the month.
- Checks that monthly payroll deductions (such as payroll tax, pension, cost sharing, etc) are in line with enacted tax and pension laws of the country.
- Files tax returns such as VAT, withholding tax, excise tax, payroll tax, pension, profit tax, etc with the appropriate tax offices timely.
- Prepare financial reports as and when needed.
- Facilitates financial statement audits by providing proper documentation and assistance as needed.
- Maintain payment instruments, financial documents and records in a safe custody.
- Responds to financial inquiries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through email address: [email protected]