- Category:Accounting and Finance, Logistics, Transport and Supply Chain
- Position: Finance & Operations Coordinator
- Location: BahirDar, Amhara
- Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: June 2, 2023
- A minimum of BA in Degree in Accounting or finance or business administration
- Must have a minimum of seven years of experience in the field
- Good computer skills (windows, Microsoft Office, accounting package software (e.g. Quick books)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have demonstrable personal integrity and honesty and must have a pleasant personality
- Must be willing to travel frequently to project activity regions and woredas as needed.
- Speaking of more than one local language is a plus. Knowing the local language of the area of assignment is mandatory.
- Previous experience working in a similar position in USAID-funded projects is preferred.
- Speaking of more than one local language is a plus.
JSI is a US-based public health nonprofit organization dedicated to providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance programs throughout the world. In Ethiopia, JSI has been working to improve health outcomes for more than 25 years, implementing more than 60 projects and working in every region. JSI has historically managed a large portfolio of projects focusing on the quality, and equity in access of, RMNCAH services, primary health care (PHC) including community health program, digital health, health information systems (HIS), supply chain management, public health emergency responses, and social and behavior change.
USAID Quality Healthcare Activity (QHA) aims at improving health outcomes through improved readiness of health facilities to deliver quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) services, increased management and accountability for quality service delivery, and restoration of services in health facilities in conflict-affected areas. QHA’s strategies and implementation approaches will help the government of Ethiopia build public and private health care systems that are responsive, resilient, and sustainable. QHA will cover urban and peri-urban primary health care units (PHCU) and referral health facilities in select regions and woredas. The Activity, through funding support from USAID, will be implemented by JSI in collaboration with Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), MSI Reproductive Choices (MSI), Project HOPE, and Network of Ethiopian Women’s Associations (NEWA) for five years (May 01, 2023 – April 30, 2028)
Under the guidance and close supervision of the senior manager (AIT) of the Activity, the Finance & Operations Coordinator is responsible for implementation of financial, operational and administrative aspects of the Activity. S/he is the focal person for financial, operational and administrative activities and engages in planning, implementation and evaluation of the financial aspects of the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the Activity implementation is in accordance of USAID rules, regulations and procedures. Also ensure appropriate procurement choices are made pursuant to USAID’s Procurement and Operations rules and regulations.
- Ensure programs are implemented according to plans and budgets, following the requirements of the donor (USAID), in line with JSI principles, and compliance to the government regulations.
- Ensures that all payments are supported by adequate documents such as requisition, quotations, receipts, goods receiving notes, justification of memos and other important documents.
- Reviews and ensures the accuracy of travel expense as well as authorization by the responsible person.
- Process all payments including workshop and training expenses
- Ensures that payments are approved and authorized by signatories
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections and wire requests to the central office in Addis. Deal with all correspondence from the central office regarding wiring of cash, payments, and other financial matters.
- Collects copies of bank statements from banks and reconcile them with all the organization’s bank book.
- Maintains fixed assets register of the Area Implementation Office with necessary details and identification numbers
- Maintains complete financial documents and submit same to the organization’s office in Addis every month for replenishment. Keeps custody of bank statements, purchase orders, contracts, payment vouchers, bankbooks and other supporting documents and other financial records entrusted to her/ him.
- Conducts financial monitoring visit of sub-grantees and provide feedback on irregularities identified during the visit.
- Reviews sub-grantees’ financial reports to ensure their accuracy and consistency and they are in line with the Activities’ reporting requirement.
- Ensures that cost sharing reports are supported by valid and verifiable documents. Review their adequacy of evidences from the cluster offices records on a regular basis.
- Prepare any financial reports as requested by the Senior Manager or Central Office’s Finance or other staff.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of all records and information entrusted to her/ him at all times
- Motivate staff under his/her supervision and build team spirit for effective working relationships. And ensure that job objectives are set and performances are evaluated timely and with the required quality for supervisees.
- Carries out all other duties and responsibilities as required by management.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who met the minimum requirements should send and apply at www.Ethiojobs.net. Please submit your application letter with your CV in English detailing your experience and skills that are relevant to the post.
Please do not attach copies of your transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters with the application. You will provide them upon request.
JSI/WEI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D