Organization: International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Type: Full-time
Job Grade: HG 13
Monthly Base Salary: Birr 31,979 (Negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate)
Deadline: May 24, 2023
- BA degree in Accounting
- Relevant profession certification is an added advantage
- At least five years of relevant experience in an international organization or NGO
- High computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel and Accounting software)
- Prior experience working with ERPs
- Good written and oral communication in English language
- Integrity and capacity to keep confidential information
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) seeks to recruit an Accountant who will be a member of IWMI which is based in Addis Ababa located at the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) campus in Addis Ababa.
The International Water Management Institute (IWMI) is a non-profit international research organization, serving a global mandate to improve the management of water and land for food, livelihoods and nature. IWMI’s headquarter is located in Colombo, Sri Lanka and one of its sub-regional offices is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. IWMI is one of the 15 research centers supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
The purpose of this position is to provide accounting services to the IWMI office in Ethiopia and facilitate the smooth financial and program operation of various research projects in IWMI-EA undertakes.
- Registration of incoming invoice (Accounts payable and advance) in SAP–as per the guideline and chart of account;
- Ensure that payments have proper authorization and supporting documents;
- Ensure that payments are made in line with the remittance proposal confirmation;
- Follow-up the supplier open items to check the registered invoices are approved;
- Prepare weekly cash position report including forecasted project and other expenditure;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and pass the necessary adjusting entries and interbank transactions;
- Ensure that payment is made on time;
- Participate in the closing of monthly and annual books of accounts;
- Check the accuracy and compliance of petty cash expenditure and its timely replenishment;
- Assist with the facilitation to annual/external audits;
- Perform any other related duties as may be required.
Terms of appointment
This is a National Staff (NS) position. The initial appointment is for three years. IWMI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits in line with ILRI salary applicable for its National Staff. IWMI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus with dining and sports facilities.
How to apply
Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: AA/IWMI/07/23 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com/ on or before 24 May 2023.
IWMI/ILRI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).
To find more about IWMI, visit our Website at http://www.iwmi.cgiar.org/
To find out more about working at ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org/
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.