- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Accountant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Employment Type: Full time
- Duration: 5 month
- Supervisor: Senior Finance Manager
- Salary: 800 USD
- Deadline: May 28, 2023
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business
- At least 3 years relevant progressive working experience working with NGOs in a development setting
- Strong excel skills
- Excellent team player
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to act decisively and resolve problems
- Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills.
- Understanding of mathematics and accounting and financial processes.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical skills
Summary of the position
The Accountant prepares accounting information to assist in producing financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in accordance with the mission, core values.
- Verify payment requests, and their supporting document and process all payments on time
- Encode all data in the system/ QB
- Prepare payment vouchers and Journals
- Prepare monthly payroll and ensure that accurate and timely salary and benefit payments of employees and consultants are made and accrued if necessary.
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Identify and post all the necessary adjustments based on the analysis made
- Track and control all payment requests to make sure their on-time payment
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Provide technical support and advice to a Management Accountant
- Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process
- Provide input into the department’s goal-setting process
- Assist and make sure that all government taxes and paid on time
- Assist taxes audits and tax returns
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Liaise with our Senior Finance Manager to improve financial procedures
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through Ethiojobs website: www.ethiojobs.net.