- Category: Accounting and Finance, Management
- Location: ISHDO Head Office, Addis Ababa
- Position: Program Assistant
- Salary: As per the scale of the Organization
- Deadline: May 21, 2023
Required education and experiences
- Bachelor degree/ Diploma in Accounting, Management or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ related experience as Program Assistant/Finance
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Communication and facilitation skill
- Basic HIV and RH knowledge and experience is a plus
- Fluent both in written and oral communication in Amharic and English
Under the supervision of GF KPP Project Coordinator, the project office Assistant: Cahier accountant is responsible for a) office management: keep records of correspondences, collect and encode project data, prepare project data reports, and b) financial transaction: managing all cash transaction of the project, safe cash and asset keeping, disburse or receive authorized cash or bank payments and receipts, effect payment and collect receipts, prepare monthly financial reports and ensure smooth communication with donors, partners and stakeholders. m
Duties and responsibilities
- Managing all financial transaction of then project.
- Keep cash, financial documents and other assets in secure and protected place.
- Prepare, scrutinize and track all project payment requests,
- Facilitate and follow up procurement requests of the project,
- Keep record of updated and reconciled payments documents in spreadsheet and hard copy,
- Make sure that all documents received and/or transferred are fully signed by authorized personnel.
- Ensure payments are done as required and as per ISHDO’s financial policies and donor guideline.
- Maintain high level accuracy in cash payment.
- Disburse or receive authorized cash or bank payments and receipts.
- Collect bank debit and credit advices and attach with the financial documents.
- Ensure all required documents are attached; calculations are correct, appropriate approvals and reviews made in accordance with ISHDO policy before payment.
- Match invoices/receipts with payment vouchers, GRN and other required documents.
- Prepare cash and advances reconciliations and submit for review/approval every month.
- Maintain advance register and update with cash received and payment on a daily basis.
Office Management and data recording
- keep and document office correspondences and relevant records in a proper and organized manner
- Collect project implementation data from community facilitators/CF/ in hard copy including KPP reached in peer learning and other SBCC interventions,
- Encode project implementation data into Excel sheet
- Prepare summarized data reports based on standard reporting tools of the project both in hard and soft copies,
- Properly document source documents collected from site offices like registrations, attendances, etc
- Keep records of KPP referrals to health facility and feedbacks
- Keep inventory of KPP referral vouchers, coupons and SBCC materials and other supplies of the project
- Consolidate, record and report relevant project office information,
- Ensuring smooth communication/internal and external/, recording and reporting of the project office.
- Perform any other tasks and duties assigned by immediate supervisor
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply in person at ISHDO Head Office, Gurdu Shola, next to Athletics Federation, Sister NGOs Building, 2nd floor