- Organizational Unit: IIE-Ethiopia Regional Office-Addis Ababa
- Schedule: Part Time
- Travel: No Travel Required
- Duration: Six Months
- Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Position: Finance Assistant
- Deadline: May 25, 2023
Education and Work Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or relevant field preferred.
- Excellent proficiency with knowledge of Microsoft Office; internet software and database software.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a heavy workload and changing priorities and tasks under strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpretation skills
- Basic proficiency in English, written and oral.
- Strong interest and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Efficient use of technology, including spreadsheets, database, internet, and email required.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands
- Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May assist with identifying new business opportunities for the office.
The Finance Assistant provides basic accounting and administrative support to the Finance Manager and program staff. He/she is responsible for initiating financial transactions in compliance with local accounting standards, GAAP, IIE policies and procedures, client requirements, partner requirements, and all other applicable laws, rules and guidelines.
- Prepares and proposes journal entries; prepares and uploads journal entry files and adjustments.
- Reviews and processes payment requests, travel advances, and expense reports for office team members, including tracking travel expenses against program and administrative budget(s). Supports AR reconciliation process. Monitors accounts payable activity and prepares payment requests. May maintain record of office assets.
- Provides general administrative support for the finance team and office as needed.
- Supports banking and cash-related activities for the office. Prepares and submits monthly operating funds request.
- Works with relevant team members and stakeholders to coordinate outreach and recruitment of host universities and program participants through advertising and targeted email marketing. Reviews and processes applications for technical completeness and accuracy; follows up with applicants as needed to complete materials.
- The Institute of International Education (“IIE”) has a hybrid work environment that allows team members a combination of in-office work and telework at any of the locations listed above.
- Drafts, designs and coordinate the mailing of program or alumni-focused communications in both English and other required local language. Obtains input from supervisor for non-standard communications as needed.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants can apply through email address; [email protected]
IIE is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.