- Category: Accounting and Finance, Business Development, Consultancy and Training
- Position: Business Associate
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: Aug 31, 2023
About the Company
Inkomoko supports entrepreneurs to grow their businesses in order to improve livelihoods, create jobs, and help communities thrive.
Founded in 2012, Inkomoko has worked with more than 60,000 entrepreneurs across East Africa, including thousands of refugee entrepreneurs. Inkomoko provides a combination of training, consulting, access to finance, and market-level systems change. We are the largest lender to refugee entrepreneurs in Africa.
Inkomoko has +330 staff in 20 offices across Rwanda, Kenya, and Ethiopia, and is expanding in 2023 into South Sudan. Through Inkomoko’s 2030 strategic plan, we are adding 4 additional countries to serve more than 550,000 entrepreneurs and growing our $30M loan fund.
All staff at Inkomoko are connected to a shared set of organizational values:
- Purpose: be solutions-oriented, produce high-quality work, and be a global leader.
- Achievement: push yourself to reach beyond what you previously thought possible.
- Improvement: be humble, and engage in continuous growth through open & accurate feedback.
- Bravery: willing to take risks, create a safe space for others, and be compassionate, inclusive.
- We Eat Goat: we celebrate success and support each other in hard times. We do this work together in the spirit of turikumwe, tuko pamoja, abren nen, urang babarengan.
Inkomoko reflects the communities we serve. Displaced persons and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Opportunity
Inkomoko Ethiopia is currently seeking a qualified Business Associate who will support our team in the coordination of our program activities and work directly with our entrepreneur clients.
Business Consulting & Client Relationship Management (60% time)
- Intake process of program entrepreneurs and conducting monthly site visits to assess business needs and opportunities
- Generate cash flow statements and profitability analyses
- Provide informed, strategic, and realistic advice to help clients meet their objectives, or shift their objectives toward better sustainability/profitability
- Ongoing site visits to provide real-time advising to solve business changes and grow businesses
- Connect clients to other Inkomoko services, including training and access to finance
- Keep up-to-date the clients’ business information in an accurate manner in the system
- Serve as the lead through the enrolment process program entrepreneurs
- Serve as the financial literacy advisor to program entrepreneurs
Camp activities Coordination and Administration (30% time)
- Develop a good relationship with all partners in the selected location/s ( Addis Ababa)
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on time
- Represent Inkomoko in selected location/s in Addis Ababa and stakeholder meetings
- Work closely with the Business Development Advisor to organize activities such as training logistics and delivery, refresher training, one on one consulting, focus group consulting, etc.…
- Ensure a high turn-up of program participants during training delivery sessions
- Assist Inkomoko staff with all in-camp communications
- Make sure activities are done in a timely manner
- Assist the M&E team with surveys and data collection in the selected location ( Addis Ababa)
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Coordinate all the logistics and organization of Inkomoko activities in the host community
- Make a follow-up to ensure all messages are sent to the clients and confirm messages have been received
- Communicate program details to refugee and host community participants, as requested by Inkomoko
- Communicate about any challenge faced by participants during program implementation
- Perform any other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Must have a BA degree in business administration or a related field of study
- 3+ years of work experience in a relevant or applicable field
- Experience in consulting, business planning, and providing business advice
- Strong financial and accounting skills; familiarity with business financial policies in Ethiopia.
- Flexible and able to deliver results under pressure
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Excel and Word
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good presentation and training skills
- Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
What You’ll Get
This role is inside a high-growth, mission-driven social enterprise. By joining, you’ll access:
- Competitive salary, and potential KPI-based bonus
- Incredible company culture, including deep investment in your learning and growth
- Diverse colleagues and policies that show our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Talented, passionate, and committed team colleagues across the region
- Ability to make a significant social impact on your community
- Generous health insurance, staff savings, parental leave, sabbatical, and more benefits.
How to Apply
If you’re excited about this role, please submit your cover letter and CV.
Tell us about what you’ll bring to this growing company.
As a company, we have policies in place that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion at all levels
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Employment is conditional upon successful background checks and other verification as needed.