Position: Project Accountant
Category: Accounting and Finance
Location: Adama, Babile, Nagele Borana, Oromia
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
Employment Type: Contract
Deadline: May 20, 2023
Salary: As per the organization’s Salary scale
- BSc/BA/ degree in Accounting, Finance, Accounting Information Systems, and related disciplines.
- Minimum five years of work experience in project accounting and finance areas.
- Experience in setting up new accounting systems.
- Excellent computer skills and computerized accounting systems.
- Experience in making improvements to financial systems; an aptitude for this work is an advantage.
- Experience in reporting to donors in an NGO environment
- Excellent communication skills in Local Language and English
Imagine 1 Day International Organization (imagine1day) is a Canadian non-religious, and nonprofit making Humanitarian and Development International NGO. It has been investing in Education, WASH, Livelihood, Emergency responses, Leadership, and Opportunity Development Pillars in Ethiopia since 2008. Imagine 1 Day in partnership with UNICEF is currently planning to implement Education and Child Protection Project in five regions of Ethiopia and is seeking qualified experts for the following posts.
|Job title: Project Accountant|
|Reports to: Regional Finance and Administration Officer and Program Manager|
|Duty station: Adama, Nagele Borana, and East Hararge Babile Project Offices|
|SALARY: As per the Organization’s Salary Scale|
|Number of positions:- 3|
|SALARY: As per the Organization Salary Scale|
Duties & Responsibilites
The Project Accountant has responsibilities to ensure policies, procedures, and guidelines in relation to finance, personnel, procurement, and transport are adhered to, maintain personnel files and oversee all aspects of the finance and administration of the project, and ensures that all records are kept in accordance with good management practice and I1D s procedures. She/he prepares payment vouchers, records transactions, posts charges and makes inventory counts of items, handles petty cash & keeps the property, and prepares periodic reports for financial and administrative activities.
The key responsibilities of the Project Accountant are to:
1. Accounting System
- Prepare and code payment & receipt vouchers and other documents
- Maintains assigned accounts in accordance with existing accounting procedures,
- Prepare schedules of various accounts,
2. Cash Management
- Effect authorized payments such as wages and salaries, per diem, and petty cash payments
- Prepare cash payment vouchers for completed disbursement documents and transfers to the finance and Admin manager for checking and subsequent replenishment.
3. Personnel Administration
- Ensures that policies, procedures, and Guidelines relating to personnel issues are well adhered to;
- Maintains and updates personnel files and prepares annual leave and sick leave reports regularly;
- Maintains files file or correspondence, memos, and information and do appropriate responses timely;
4. Procurement, Storekeeping, and Vehicle Management
- Receive, handle, issue, and dispatch goods coming into or going out of the store.
- Processing purchase requests for goods and services and undertaking bid analysis as per I1D’s policies and procedures
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit a CV, motivation letter, and credentials document to Linkhttps://forms.gle/DgRagitXi6MKH9mz8 before the end date of this announcement.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and female applicants are encouraged.