- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Assistant Finance & Admin officer
- Location: Gambela
- Employment Type: Contract
- Length of Contract: Four months
- Deadline: June 5, 2023
- University degree in accounting with at least 5 years of experience for Diploma holders and 2 years for BA in accounting; Experience of cash handling and stock management
- Extensive experience in administrative activities in a busy office environment, report writing and compiling monthly information.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral English and Amharic
- Ability to manage filing systems quickly and systematically and willing to travel and live-in remote locations. Use of excel, word processing, email is a requirement.
- Experience in Non-governmental – organisations (NGOs) in Ethiopia is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Financial and administrative management.
- Strong knowledge on spreadsheet and its use are the requirements.
The idle candidate will collaborate with the project team in the field and support and work closely with the Finance, HR and Admin officer. She/ he provide a comprehensive and effective financial, administrative service to the field office in Gambella and settle payments and keep records of store items. She/ he will provide administrative and technical support and play a leading role in promoting and representing HelpAge’s humanitarian programme and principles to key internal and external audiences.
- Ensure the availability of adequate petty cash as per the limit stated in the financial guidelines of HelpAge; Handle payments and receipts and process according to the established rules and procedures.
- Prepare payment vouchers and effect payment as approved by the responsible person designated; Make sure that vouchers are checked, verified and approved by Project coordinator.
- Keep complete and accurate documentation; Travel to field to facilitate and effect payments.
- Update the cashbook and submit monthly the reconciled account to her/ his line manager.
Administration and Property Management
- Handle in receiving and issuing store goods/items; update stock card and submit monthly stock movement by fifth of the following months.
- Organise the provision of efficient administrative support to staff and teams.
- Organise the efficient, cost-effective and reliable provision of IT services.
- Be responsible for processing the documents required for legal compliance in Ethiopia.
- Overall responsibility for the central/main filing systems, both paper and electronic.
Vacancy Ref No: HAI/Prog/01/23
Department: Humanitarian program
Responsible to: Finance, HR and Admin Officer
Duty Station: Gambella field office
Length of Contract: Four months
Key Relationship: Internal: Work closely with Finance, HR and HR officer, Finance office and Finance Manager in Addis; Emergency Programme Coordinators/Officers in the field.
How to Apply
First Download the summary format and fill out the required information carefully.
Indicate the vacancy reference No. and the post you are applying in the subject line.
Then attach the following.
Current CV (not more than 4 pages) including three (3) professional referees
One page – cover letter highlighting job knowledge, qualification and experience.
Female meeting the minimum qualification and experience are encouraged to apply.
NB: Non-compliance to the above procedures will lead to instant rejection.
We are interested in how your skills, knowledge and experience indicate your ability to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Interested applicants who meet the minimum requirements are required to submit their non-returnable application together with the summary format by email address: [email protected]