Yamerd Trading PLC Vacancy Announcement, May 2, 2023
- Organization: Yamerd Trading PLC
- Position: Finance Manager
- Location: Head office in Addis Ababa City with some travel to the factory site in Gondar
- Experience Level: Senior Level (8 years)
- Number of Positions: 1
- Date of Announcement: April 28, 2023
- Deadline: May 4, 2023
Job vacancy advertisement
Yamerd Trading PLC, which is water bottling company, would like to recruit qualified job applicants for the following two vacant positions and invite interested applicants who fulfill the minimum qualification and work experience listed for the job openings.
- Plan, organize and control the overall financial activities of the company.
- Assist in the development and implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, budget, accounting, payroll etc.
- Ensure the chart of accounts is both understood and correctly implemented in the coding of financial transactions to meet the requirements of internal and external parties.
- Ensure all financial and accounting data are properly recorded, documented and maintained according to acceptable financial procedures and principles.
- Oversee periodic reconciliation of accounts with clients, banks, vendors, insurance companies etc.
- Makes sure the proper filing of tax returns is handled in a timely manner.
- Manage the company’s financial operations, including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, budgeting, preparing financial statements and reports, and advising the top management team on financial decisions.
- Partner with the top management to review and evaluate financial statements and operational performances.
- Manage working capital- cash and fund raising, inventory control, receivable and payable status.
- Control implementation of annual budget, monitor the liquidity and overall company’s financial condition and ensure proper cash management.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; periodically update the organization’s accounting manual.
- Remain up-to-date on best business practices, systems and internal control measures, and state and federal laws regarding business operations.
- Coordinate and follow up all financial activities of the company.
- Prepare for, manage and support internal and external financial audits
- Conduct employee performance appraisal periodically to evaluate how well employees have completed their duty and to take any needful action accordingly.
No. required: one
Work place: Head office in Addis Ababa City with some travel to the factory site in Gondar
- How to make money online in Ethiopia
- Top 10 Banks in Ethiopia
- Awach SACCO | Savings, Loans & How Much Credit Can I Get?
- Advanced skill in administration of finance and strong analytical skills with good presentation, report writing and interpersonal skill.
- Results oriented, strategic thinker and planner.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of financial reporting and tax laws of the country.
- Extensive knowledge of budget setting, reporting, inventory control systems and accounting.
- Ability to work with accounting software such as Peachtree Accounting, Microsoft word, Excel, etc
- Ability to work under pressure
- Female applicants are highly encouraged
Education and experience
- BA/MA Degree in Accounting, Accounting &Finance, or Banking & Finance from a recognized University
- Minimum of 8 years (for BA graduate), and 6 years (for MA graduate) of finance experience in manufacturing industries preferably in beverage manufacturing companies.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the job requirements listed above can submit their application letter, CV and relevant credentials via e-mail [email protected] in a single PDF file format. Please quote the position you are applying in the subject line of your email message.
The closing date for submitting applications is within 7 consecutive days of this announcement. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further screening.