UNOPS Ethiopia Vacancy Announcement, May 3, 2023
- Organization: UNOPS Ethiopia
- Position: Finance Intern
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Experience Level: Entry Level (0 years)
- Number of Positions: Not Specified
- Date of Announcement: May 2, 2023
- Deadline: May 14, 2023
Established in 2009, UNOPS Ethiopia Office has been providing services to various partners, including the government of Ethiopia, UN agencies such as WHO, UNHCR and WFP, and other international organizations. Since 2014, the UNOPS Ethiopia Multi-country Office (EMCO) runs and coordinates the UNOPS activities in Ethiopia, as well as Sudan and Djibouti. The UNOPS EMCO team is composed of approximately 100 national and international women and men, and offers a broad range of services such as infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial and human resources management.
The internship is learning and working opportunity that targets fresh graduates. The intern will assist the Finance team and provide support to the Ethiopia Multi-Country Office (EMCO). The intern will be exposed to practical learning and working experiences that foster development of his /her path. The Intern will work full time and follow the same working hours as UNOPS employees.
UNOPS-ETMCO is recruiting for this position: Finance Intern, based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Qualified women (female) candidates are encouraged to apply.
The internship is learning and working opportunity that targets fresh graduates. The Finance intern will assist the Finance team and provide support to the UNOPS Ethiopia Office – UNOPS. The intern will be exposed to practical learning and working experiences that foster development of his /her path. The Intern will work full time and follow the same working hours as UNOPS employees.
Summary of key functions:
- Treasury and payments functions
- Accounting and administrative support
- Financial reporting and control
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Provide support on achievement of the following results:.
- Proper filing of financial documentations
- Assist in the preparation of payments
- Assist in review of payments by checking supporting documentations and verify the adherence of internal procedures
- Prepare project financial reporting
- Assist in budget preparation
- Perform other duties as assigned by Finance Officer.
This internship is not designed to lead to a staff position with UNOPS. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of the internship.
Duty station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Application Deadline: 14-May-2023
- How to make money online in Ethiopia
- Top 10 Banks in Ethiopia
- Awach SACCO | Savings, Loans & How Much Credit Can I Get?
Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Accounting or Finance or related fields.
Applicants are not required to have professional work experience.
Applicants should have graduated from the above stated fields within three (3) years prior to the application date of the internship.
Fluency in written, reading and oral English is required
How to Apply
Candidates who fulfil the above requirements can Apply Online:
To Apply Click here
Deadline: May 14/2023