Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)Vacancy Announcement, April 24, 2023.
- Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Position: Finance Coordinator
- Employment: Full Time
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Experience Level: Mid Level (3 years)
- Number of Positions: Not Specified
- Date of Announcement: April 19, 2023
- Deadline: May 3, 2023
Role And Responsibilities
The purpose of a Finance Coordinator is to implement delegated area of responsibility.
The following is a brief description of the role.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Implement NRC’s systems and procedures at area level
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure proper filing of all support documents
- Support line managers in procedures and require support team trainings
- Management of support team
- Ensure that the accounting, monitoring and reporting are according to procedures
- Support project staff in financial matters
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flow for the area
- Provide training to Finance and non-finance staff in the area
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Ensure in coordination with relevant programme staff that expenses are incurred consistent with grant agreements and budgets
- Ensure proper tracking of all purchase requests in Agresso from source to payment
- Assist the Finance manager in reviewing and consolidating all grant management report
- Support Technical specialists/Coordinators in proposal writing, budget preparation and monitoring
- Monitor expenditures, planned costs, committed costs and identify cases of budget over spent and under spent to provide relevant information and advice to the budget holders for informed management decisions
- Ensure the Shire Area operation consistently meets all donor and NRC rules and regulations pertaining to Finance and procurement
- How to make money online in Ethiopia
- Top 10 Banks in Ethiopia
- Awach SACCO | Savings, Loans & How Much Credit Can I Get?
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic Professional Competencies:
- Masters/Bachelor’s Degree In Accounting Or Related Field
- Minimum Three years of experience from working as a Finance Coordinator or with more than five years’ experience with Senior Finance Officer in a Humanitarian Organization /Recovery Context (INGOs’ and NGOs’)
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific Skills, Knowledge And Experience:
- Local language
- Understanding of various donors requirement
- to work under pressure
The following are Essential for this position:
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Handling insecure environments
- Empowering and building trust
- Working with people
How to Apply
Register by Clicking here!