- Category: Engineering
- Position: Surveyor
- Location: Gheralta (Tigray Region)
- Career Level: Mid Level ( 2+ – 5 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: As per the company scale
- Deadline: Oct 9, 2023
Ethiopian Construction Design and Supervision Works Corporation (ECDSWCo.) is transforming and diversifying from the current consultancy business operations. Taking advantage of the existing ECDSWCo.’s strength and maximizing on the newly emerging external opportunities that are being prevalent with the shifts in Ethiopian Economic Policy – the Corporation is aiming to play a significant role to the success of the Ethiopian Construction Industry -by creating a vibrant business institution that will not only fill the gap that is in the current construction industry, but also replace the need for having international construction companies that are dominating the government mega scale projects. To this, the Corporation is emerging as an Engineering and Investment Group. The proposed name of the Group is ‘’Ethiopian Engineering and Investment Group (EEIG)’’. The Group will comprise of three main operational business units i.e., Consultancy, Construction and Investment. EEIG-Construction business unit key activities are high-end complex construction projects, predominately highrise commercial and residential buildings, real-estate; infrastructure (roads, railways and airports) & water and energy sector construction. EEIG-Construction alone would grow into a conglomerate of several business units including Piling, underground and foundation Works, Fit-Out, Energy (Solar Solutions), Electro- Mechanical Solution, Facility Management, Landscape and Construction Materials Production. EEIG Construction is launched with the vision of being the best construction company in Ethiopia with a strategy of Timeously executing high-end complex projects, by utilizing proactive management skills as a Design and Build Contractor in order to achieve an optimum return and aspiring to be a competitive and preferred choice that can replace the current dependence on international contractors and deliver excellence. EEIG Construction will uphold Courage, Integrity, Reliability, Value for its People and Innovation as its core values.
Position Overview/Scope of role:
This position is responsible for taking measurements of distances and angles on a property or section of land in order to establish/Review legal boundaries and give input for design
Top Roles and Responsibilities:
· Conduct surveys on land sites and properties
· Examine previous records and evidence to ensure data accuracy
· Research and design methods for survey processes
· Use equipment and tools to accurately measure land features (e.g. longitudes, latitudes)
· Analyzing data using plans, maps, charts, and software such as AutoCAD and GIS programs.
· Supervise and provide guidance to field staff
· Assist on Purchase and maintenance of surveying equipment
· Report on survey results and present findings
. Collaborate with engineers and architects on all projects
. Bsc in Surveying and 2 years experience
. Level IV Or above in polytechnic Certificate from well-known college in surveying and 4 years experience
How to Apply
KEY NOTE BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE
1. Ensure you fulfill the minimum set requirement.
2. If you fulfill the above, then you are expected to submit through Ethiojobs, your updated CV along with an motivation letter on why you want to be considered for this position.
3. All those that do not fulfill the above requirements will be rejected automatically.
4. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.