- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Positon: Senior Accountant
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: May 25, 2023
- Minimum BA in Accounting.
- 4 years’ work experience services in related jobs.
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to use QuickBooks accounting software;
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
- Good skills in computer applications;
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, participatory approach and sustainable development.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
- Respect, accountability, courage, excellence, integrity, analytical ability, stress tolerance, collaboration, interpersonal skill and customer focus.
- The job holder is expected to work closely with all ORGANIZATION staff
Ethiopian Centre for Development (ECD) for its projects implementation currently seeks qualified candidates for Senior Accountant position for Addis Ababa. We are looking individuals with a passion for making a difference in the lives of the others. Please see the criteria below for details.
RESPONSIBILITIS AND TASKS
Job Responsibility #1: Processing Transactions
- Verifies and ensures that required documentation and authorization is presented before effecting payments and encoding data into the system;
- Prepares cheque payment vouchers & cheques
- Prepares journal entries for prepaid monthly amortizations such as rents, fuel and other payments;
- Prepares entries for intra-company and other cross charging;
- Prepares cash transfer letters;
- Prepares journal entries for transfers, correction and adjustments;
- Collect advises from banks & prepare the necessary journal entries;
- Enters all financial data into computer;
- Process timely collections & settlement of obligations
- Prepares monthly payroll for ORGANIZATION staff according to policies and procedures of the Organization and applicable laws of the country;
- Retain 2% withhold tax from those who are supposed to pay while preparing cheque payment vouchers/transfer letters.
- Prepare receipts for the withhold taxes.
- Handles timely remittance of taxes to the concerned government body without discrepancy;
- Compares budgets with actual costs & revenues
Job Responsibility #2: Account Reconciliation
- Reconciles bank accounts with books of accounts;
- Follows up/monitors and reconciles subsidiary ledgers.
Job Responsibility #3: Filing and Reporting
- Prepares reconciliation and summaries of accounting activity;
- Prepares income information, tax obligations and other reports;
- Files all financial documents and reports;
- Prepares quarterly, biannual and annual draft financial report
Job Responsibility #4
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit application on the following address within 10 working days
Ethiopian Center for Development
E’mail: [email protected]
Tel: +251 -11-6639516/17