- Category: Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration, Economics
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Position: Financial Management and Administration Specialist
- Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: As per GIZ scale
- Contract duration: 30.04.2026
- Deadline: May 27, 2023
A.Required educational qualifications, professional experience, and competency
- University degree in Business Administration with an emphasis on Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or Economics.
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a finance and Administration officer in the private sector, Government, NGO, or international organizations.
- Very good understanding of federal and regional government partners and the NGO landscape.
B. Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Excellent English and Amharic language skills, both written and oral.
- High degree of initiative, integrity, and accountability.
- Good self-organization, strong interpersonal skills, and results-orientation.
- Ability to work structured and maintain the overview in a complex environment; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to work under time pressure; stress tolerance and patience.
- High work ethic and willingness to travel, discipline, and punctuality.
- Social, intercultural understanding and interest, flexibility, sense of diplomacy, ability to work in a politically sensitive environment, highly motivated.
- Willingness to upgrade skills as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies (related software) and computer applications (MS Office)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a German public-benefit federal Enterprise. GIZ works worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas. We work to shape a future worth living in over 120 countries around the world.
The “Programme to Support Good Governance in Ethiopia” aims to strengthen state and civil society frameworks to support the transformation into a democratic and inclusive constitutional state. The programme advises central governmental and non-governmental actors who hold key positions in the transformation process of the Ethiopian governance system.
A. Overall Responsibilities
GIZ is seeking a qualified candidate for the following position:
Financial Management and Administration Specialist
The Financial Management and Administration Specialist is responsible for support to the following objectives:
- Implementation and monitoring of an overall smooth and correct contract processing and controlling of the program in line with GIZ procedures following internationally accepted procurement and tender procedures.
- Training for partners of financial management of Financing Contracts.
B. General Tasks
The Financial Management and Administration Specialist performs the following tasks:
- Financial Processing of (1) financings including Grant agreements, Financing agreements and Local subsidies, (2) construction contracts and (3) service contracts, within the threshold on programme level and coordinating with GIZ country office Ethiopia as well as with GIZ Headquarters Germany.
- Ensures that contracts within the section are done correctly, according to GIZ rules and regulations, and supports the programme managers to monitor the programme spending.
- Controlling for deadlines of contracts, follow up of contracts with programme manager.
- Support of Financing Recipients.
- Executes financial and administrative suitability test of partners.
- Executes interim checks of financial documentation with Financing Recipients.
- Planning, organisation and execution of trainings for partners in contracting and settlement procedures, including financial reporting to GIZ.
- Supports partners in all financial and administrative questions on the settlement for Financing Contracts.
- Effective coordination with colleagues at the GIZ headquarters Germany, the GIZ Country Office Ethiopia & Djibouti, the relevant cluster in which the programme is embedded, and the Programme Office.
- Consulting programme manager on administrative issues concerning tender and contracting methods for most efficient programme implementation.
- Provide required documents for an auditor whenever Internal or external Control is conducted and assists on follow-up of auditor’s findings.
- Report irregularities observed, if any, to the superior.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with
their non-returnable recent CV via Email: [email protected]
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position ‘Financial Management and Administration Specialist
#090/2023 in the subject line of your email application.
Due to the large number of applications, we categorize applications with vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In the case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefits package.”