- Category: Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration, Economics
- Position: Finance and Admin Intern
- Location: Addis Ababa, Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Entry Level (Fresh Graduate)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Deadline: Aug 25, 2023
“Finance and Admin Intern’’
GIZ- Internal/External Vacancy Announcement ‘# vacancy number 145/2023’
‘ISFM – Integrated Soil Fertility Management Project
Brief Description of the project/ unit
The Integrated Soil Fertility Management Project (ISFM+) contributes to improving soil fertility, soil health and productivity in selected areas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR, Sidama and Tigray regions. It operates in 60 woredas (districts) and has a duration until March 2025. The project promotes the integrated use of locally adapted and relevant ISFM technologies contributing to (a) increasing on-farm biomass production (b) reducing nutrient and biomass losses from the farming system and (c) improving the agronomic use efficiency of production inputs. The project aims at combining behavioral change communication strategies with farmer-acceptable and locally adapted soil fertility improvement technologies, including supply chain aspects for the sustainable supply of agricultural inputs.
Duration of contract: Until December 31, 2023
Application deadline: 25 August 2023
Required Candidates: 1
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the project team in administrative and finance tasks
- Liaise with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the office by providing a professional phone service, welcoming visitors and maintaining a high standard of professionalism in the reception area.
- Perform reception and secretariat services on a daily basis.
- File documents in reference files or in GIZ’s Document Management System in line with GIZ’s filing rules;
- Scan finance documents/vouchers on daily basis.
- Sort, classify and distribute incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters and other official documents).
- Register, document and organise incoming and outgoing correspondence (letters emails, packages and personally delivered messages).
- Scan the necessary documents and make ready for upload on DMS (including document needed for remote audit)
- Be responsible for distributing and accepting documents and packages
- Assist in the logistical management and set up of the meeting rooms when needed, check the stock of workshop and moderation material all the time.
- Organise travel and accommodation for staff and other external parties.
- Ensure that the necessary office supplies are available and making sure that all project materials are available in stock and notify in time the responsible officers.
- Purchase office equipment and supplies within set value limits
- Report damage to the administrative officer, organises and monitors the service and repair of office equipment
- Runs errands, e.g. receiving invoices, delivering and collecting documents
- Perform other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- A newly graduate(2023/2015) with bachelor’s degree in relevant field.(Business Administration, Accounting, finance, Economics and IT)
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (phone, fax, e-mail, internet, scanner).
- Verifiable skills using packages such as MS Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication skills in English and Amharic language are mandatory.
- Trustworthiness and ability to maintaining strict confidentiality and observing data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their recent CV via Email: [email protected].
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Finance and Admin Intern #145/2023_Full Name’ in the subject line of your email application. Please note that, due to urgency of the vacancy selection will be done on a rolling base. Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”
Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
GIZ Country Office Ethiopia and Djibouti
Kazanchis, Kirkos Sub City, Woreda 08
P.O. Box 100009, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
I www.giz.de | www.giz.de/de/weltweit/336.html