- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Director, Financial Management Team
- Location: Addis Ababa at CCRDA Complex
- Career Level: Managerial Level (Manager, Supervisor, Director)
- Number of Post: One
- Deadline: May 31, 2023
- University graduate with Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance or Master’s degree in Accounting & Finance.
- A minimum of 8 years of which 6 years should be as Director of Financial Management or Finance Head position for Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance. A minimum of 6 years of which 4 years should be in Director of Financial Management or Finance Head position for Master’s degree in Accounting and Finance.
- Budget planning & financial reporting
- Computing & data analysis
- Training and presentation
- Computer proficiency and technological awareness
- Multitasking and working under pressure
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Strong emotional intelligence/social skills
- NGO experience is an advantage.
The Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA) is a national nonprofit umbrella association of over 450 secular and faith based NGOs/CSOs operating in Ethiopia.
The Consortium of Christian Relief & Development Association (CCRDA) is looking for a highly motivated professional to fill the following post.
CCRDA is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual to join our organization as Financial Management Team Director; who is responsible for the overall control of all financial resources. The post holder maintains the organization’s financial integrity, prudent spending, effective and efficient utilization of financial resources with tremendous cost efficiency. The incumbent manages financial accounting and reporting, facilitates budget preparation, ensures timely payroll preparation and administration, and oversees development project accounting.
Duties and responsibilities
- Serves as financial management adviser to the organization.
- Creates due awareness on the organization’s financial policy and procedures.
- Develops and maintains timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and approved organizational financial policy.
- Ensures proper custody of all financial documents including checks, cash payment and receipt vouchers and accounting software.
- Analyzes complex financial data and extracts and defines relevant information; interprets data for the purpose of determining past financial performance and/or to project a financial sustainability.
- Ensures that expenditures for budgets, grants and contracts are monitored and that reports are prepared to maintain balanced accounts.
- Ensures the preparation of management, narrative, and statistical reports for the organization.
- Develops and oversees the maintenance of budget monitoring systems, forecasting, trending, and results analysis, communicates over expenditures to work units and resolves funding shortfalls.
- Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Monitors expenditures throughout the budgetary period.
- Establishes, modifies, documents and coordinates implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Establishes systems and analysis techniques for the effective monitoring of the financial status of projects.
- Interrelates all project events to their effect on financial resources and ensures continuous assessment and periodic reporting of financial status and forecasts.
- Makes sure that the fund for the approved projects are released in time and with due authorization.
- Ensures that project-funding report is done and reviewed by the appropriate body.
- Participates in monitoring and evaluations of project implementation.
- Gives training in his/her area of specialization to the staff and employees of member organizations.
- Carries out additional duties assigned by the Senior Director of Finance, Administration and Logistics Management Core Team.
- Report to: Senior Director, Finance & Procurement Management Core Team
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants are required to submit non-returnable copy of their application letter and credential to the Human Resource Department 3rd floor room number 307 within 10 days after the date of vacancy announcement or send by email at: [email protected]
CCRDA value diversity and aspire to reflect it in its workforce. We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, color, gender, age, disability, religion or belief.
CCRDA is committed to providing a safe and trusted environment for every person connected to the work we do; and to preventing any type of unwanted behavior including sexual harassment and exploitation, abuse, and financial misconduct. Any candidate offered a job with CCRDA is expected to share and demonstrate our values and adhere to CCRDA’s Safeguarding policy and sign CCRDA’s Code of Conduct
Address: Consortium of Christian Relief and Development Association (CCRDA), Akaki Kality Sub City, Tel 0114390322, P.O. Box 5674, Debreziet road, adjacent to the Kality Ring Road round about, in front of Drivers and Mechanics Training Center.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Female Applicants are Highly Encouraged to Apply.