- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Account Analyst – VAT
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Career Level: Junior Level (1+ – 2 years experience)
- Salary: $522.00
- Deadline: Sep 7, 2023
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality, and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
I JOB SUMMARY
The purpose of the Account Analyst- VAT is Responsible for the administration of VAT (both USAID and non-USAID) ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of books of records of the country office up to dated. Including but not limited to: VAT analysis, Review of VAT related entries, reconciliation, reporting and tracking system of VAT.
The Account Analyst VAT is also the focal person for submission of VAT refund documents to Donors and responsible for collection of refund checks.
Job Responsibility #1: Technical Support, Training and Monitoring (70%)
- Responsible for the administration of USAID VAT and Non-USAID VAT,
- Prepare monthly VAT schedule for claim to USAID and follow up VAT receivable balance and responsible for reconciliation of VAT.
- Prepare monthly VAT schedule for claim to Inland Revenue Branch office.
- Responsible for regular reconciliation of VAT both USAID and Non-USAID VAT receivables.
- Handling the offline VAT register sheet for all short-term awards and timely claim, reclassification of rejected VAT balance to Proper accounts.
- Follow up with field offices finance team for timely submission of VAT supporting documents.
- Follow up with respective Award and Sub award teams for timely submission of VAT supporting documents.
Job Responsibility #2: Technical Support and Training (20%)
- Coach and train finance team on the VAT essential invoice requirements and VAT new directives
- Timely VAT claim to USAID and Revenue Office.
- Prepare accurate VAT reports for management review.
- Ensure safe filing of VAT documents, both in soft copy and hard copy for further reference.
Job Responsibility # 3 Other (10%)
- Assist the Senior FPAR Specialist
- Performs other incidental duties as assigned.
III GENDER EQUALITY
- Be observant of any misbehavior regarding gender and report it to the responsible person.
- ·Produce sex disaggregated data at HH, community, project, program and organizational level as appropriate. Uphold gender and diversity values of CARE whenever dealing with staff, communities, and partners.
- BA degree in finance and or accounting.
- 2 years of relevant work experience for diploma holders or 1-year relevant work experience for first degree.
- Minimum of 6 months Care internship service
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Very good skills in computer applications, especially advanced use of excel for financial analysis, business intelligence and reporting.
- Fluency in English language and written communication
- Firm belief in teamwork and gender equality.
How to Apply
If you are interested to be part of our dynamic team, exciting work environment and contribute to CARE Ethiopia’s mission and vision, please send your CV (not more than 3 pages) and cover letter (not more than one page) through https://phg.tbe.taleo.net/phg02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREUSA&cws=61&rid=6809
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Passionate and dedicated candidates who meet the requirement are strongly encouraged to apply, especially women!
CARE seeks to improve the lives of the most marginalized, particularly women and girls. Our diversity is our strength. We encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.
CARE Ethiopia is committed to preventing all unwanted behavior at work. This includes sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, and child abuse. We expect everyone who works for us to share this commitment by understanding and working within the CARE Safeguarding Policy and related framework. CARE Ethiopia has a zero-tolerance approach to any harm to, or exploitation of, a vulnerable adult or child by any of our staff, representatives, or partners.
CARE Ethiopia reserves the right to seek information from job applicants’ current and/or previous employers about incidents of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment the applicant may have been found guilty to have committed or about which an investigation was in the process of being carried out at the time of the termination of the applicant’s employment with that employer.
By submitting the application, the job applicant confirms that s/he has no objection to CARE Ethiopia requesting the information specified above. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.