Category: Accounting and Finance
Position: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Tuludimtu, Addis Ababa
Employment Type: Full time
Deadline: Jun 9, 2023
Required Number: 2
- BA / MBA degree in accounting or a related field
- 3 years and above, factory experience is a plus
- Able to manage accounting duties
- Professional in using Peachtree accounting software
- Computer Skill
- Knowledge of financial and TAX policies
- Communication ability in reading and writing English and Amharic
- Able to work as a team and on a Flexible schedule
- Pro-activeness and analytical ability
- Detail Oriented
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform coding and record cash transactions in the accounting system on a daily basis.
- Assist in the preparation of payment requests and payments ensuring compliance with the company policy.
- Support in maintaining accurate and compliant financial records, both soft and hard copies, ensuring records are properly filed and labeled, and checking the completeness of financial documents.
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, post-financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting, and other tax requirements.
- Report regarding the finances of the establishment.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Review of financial documents to verify accounting data and mathematical accuracy.
- Interact with all necessary partners including vendors, upper management, and peers.
- Generate and submit PV’s, JV’s, and journal entries and entered them into the system Set up to improve accounting systems and processes to meet business needs and maximize the effectiveness of operations.
- Reconcile month-end totals for timely and accurate reporting of financial information.
- Prepare monthly financial statements.
- Partner with auditors on annual audits and realized compliance with governmental tax guidelines.
- Complete daily accounting tasks including preparing deposits and reconciling accounts.
- Compute taxes owed by applying prescribed rates, laws, and regulations.
- Ensuring that the company complies with all applicable taxes.
- The candidate must have knowledge of Import Export procedures
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received;
- Supplier co-operation;
- Follow-up purchasing order status, delivery schedule, and shipping document;
- Prepare import documents, License per invoice;
- Prepare export and customs documents;
- Communicate with the shipping agent & forwarding agent for clearance;
How to Apply
Please send a copy of your CV, cover letter, experience letters, and education credentials to the following email: [email protected]