- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Finance Assistant
- Location: Dollo Ado, Wardher and Jigjiga, Somali
- Career Level: Junior Level (1+ – 2 years experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Salary: TBC
- Deadline: Aug 4, 2023
- Department: Finance
- Position: Finance Assistant
- Direct Hierarchy: Finance Officer
- Contract type: Fixed
- Location: Dollo Ado, Wardher and Jigjiga
- Number of positions Three (3)
- Start Date: ASAP
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Finance Assistant position inSomali Region, Ethiopia.
Ensuring transparent and compliant with ACTED Ethiopia Procedures management of payments cash or otherwise, good filing and document tracking. Assisting the Finance Department with internal reports (TITANIC) as we well as supporting field teams with tasks related to finance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for Excel Afar Cashbook entries according to ACTED Standard Entry Grid
· Responsible for cross check of allocation as per purchase order.
· Responsible for accounting codes accuracy in cash/bank books and payment vouchers according to ACTED Standard entry grid.
· Preparing on monthly basis loan/advance book and send it to CFO for check by 15th of the month.
· Preparing the bank reconciliation monthly and share it with the FO and CFO.
Cash and Bank
· Responsible for petty cash box payment, check payment and bank payment initiation
· Responsible for daily cash counts.
· Responsible for preparation of weekly and monthly cash counts for Finance Manager’s approval (Cash Checking Statement).
· Responsible for payment execution at capital level (according to ACTED payment procedures) i.e. statutory and all other payments (Income Tax, Pension, etc.).
· Responsible for preparing payment voucher for approval by CFO
· Responsible for checking of all finance vouchers for Afar
· Responsible for photocopying the finance voucher and labelling as per ACTED standards
· Responsible for follow up and filling of voucher on monthly basis
· Labelling and filling all vouchers at capital level
· Responsible for document retrieval and Red Cell Game by the 10th of every month
· Make sure all documents are coded and filed as per ACTED guidelines and uploaded in the cloud regularly (digitalization process).
· Responsible for the Contract follow up (CFU) on a daily basis and share monthly
· Responsible for the Debt follow up (DFU) on a daily basis and share monthly
· Responsible for initial updating and submitting the PRATIC report to SFO on 5th of every month
· Perform any other task assigned by the manager
Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours etc).
The employee works under the functional subordination of the Finance Officer.
· Degree/Higher Diploma preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field and two years’ experience in working with International NGOs in the similar level.
· Motivated and create in approaches to work.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relationships
· Excellent communication skills, personable and articulate
· Proficiency in English language, both written and spoken
· Somali language is a mandatory requirement
· Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
· Computer literate and with good ITC Knowledge.
· Demonstrated experience in overall responsibility and accountability for the logistical and administration management of an organization;
· Good public Relations with strong negotiation skills.
How to Apply
[email protected] Application Procedure:
Qualified Ethiopia national persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to [email protected] and received on or before 5.00PM on 4th August 2023 with the subject line “Finance Assistant– Somali Region, Ethiopia”
Do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that ACTED reserves the right to shortlist on ongoing basis. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.