Light for the World Vacancy Announcement, April 30, 2023
- Organization: Light for the World
- Position: Accountant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Experience Level: Junior Level (2 years)
- Number of Positions: Not Specified
- Date of Announcement: April 28, 2023
- Deadline: May 5, 2023
· Prepare receivables and payables schedule and reconcile with QuickBooks ledger balance.
· Prepare accounts and receivables/payables schedule and reconcile with QuickBooks ledger balance.
· Bookkeeping and accounting for CO including (but not limited to) postings, import of data, bank transfers, processing payroll journal, taxes, adjustments in accounting software, reconciliations, and the monthly closings of the financial accounting for review of the Finance Manager
· Support the preparation of the withholding and other tax payments, reports, and reconciling of the unsettled tax items
· Ensure all supporting documents are provided and properly validated according to the signature regulations.
· Preparation of payment runs for review and approval to the authorized personnel
· Assist in the preparation and analysis of the budgets and make recommendations for budget expenditures.
· Prepare and support with audit documentation for approval of the Finance Manager.
· Assist the finance Team Lead in the preparation of the financial statements.
· Support in the documentation process in Sextant (Uploading contracts, agreements, reviewing and monitoring).
· Follow-up on the documentation of the procurement of goods and services for accuracy and completeness.
· Manage petty cash and safe custody of it. Ensure weekly and monthly cash counts and cash/bank reconciliations.
· Keep a checklist for Assets and Inventory of the CO
· Perform other related duties as required by the line manager
- How to make money online in Ethiopia
- Top 10 Banks in Ethiopia
- Awach SACCO | Savings, Loans & How Much Credit Can I Get?
· BA Degree in accounting from a recognized university with a minimum of 2 years’ experience preferably working within an NGO setting.
· Strong knowledge of computer programs Ms.-Excel, Word, and any accounting software preferably QuickBooks
· Excellent communication and reporting skill
· Detail oriented
· Able to work under pressure
How to Apply
What we can offer as an employer: We are offering an outstanding opportunity to bring about change through an international development organisation with strong expertise, a growing profile and a dedicated team.
Please send non-returnable CV and a cover letter mentioning how your experiences match with the job advert until 5th of May 2023. Please mention your expected salary in your application letter and include 3 professional references into your CV. Applications should be sent to only through ethiojobs.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage people with disabilities and or women to apply for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Well comet to join icome from SNNPR in Amaro Special Woreda