- Organization: Abdellah Ibnu Umi Mektum Quran Association
- Category: Accounting and Finance
- Position: Accountant
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Type: Full Time
- Number of Positons: 1
- Deadline: July 09, 2023
Abdellah Ibnu Ummi Mektum (AIUM) was established on 04 June 2010 Ethiopian Calendar by conglomeration of highly ambitious visually handicapped elite group who have believed the notion of giving light for the blind Muslims and committed to uplift their fellow brothers and sisters who are needy but meritorious.
It is a local, non-political, and not-for profit religious organization and has got its legal sanctity from the Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopian Ministry of Federal Pastoralist Development Affairs in accordance with the relevant proclamation bearing registration number 00620
AIUM is looking for qualified and competent applicant for the following position:
Under the supervision of the finance manager, the junior accountant manager is responsible for maintaining accurate and complete financial records in accordance with International Accounting Practices and AIUM’s Accounting and Financial Policies and Procedures.
II. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical support and training to accountants and cashers working at AIUM
- Ensures monthly payrolls for all staff are prepared according to policies and procedures of AIUM;
- Ensures the timely settlement of payroll tax, pension, staff provident fund and other obligations;
- Ensures that all unused official documents and vouchers of the organization are properly registered and are available in sufficient quantity;
- Verifies and ensures the required documentation and authorization is presented before effecting payments and encoding data into the system;
- Ensures that planned activities are carried out in line with the approved annual plan and budget ;
- Processes payments which involve ensuring all payments are adequately supported by appropriate documentation;
- Ensures that the necessary format and documentation is used before and after payment is effected;
- Ensures all suppliers invoices and bills are paid on a timely basis;
- Enters all financial data into the computer/accounting system;
- Prepares journal entries for, transfers, correction and adjustments;
- Reconciles bank statements with books of accounts;
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Reports To: Finance Manager
Term Of Employment: Contract, Renewable In Every Year
Location: Addis Ababa
- BA Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 2 years/4 years of work experience in relevant field.
TECHNICAL AND OTHER SKILLS
- Good communication and presentation skills;
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
- Competency in computer applications;
- Knowledge of accounting software.
How to Apply
Applicants can send their CV which is not more than 3 pages through email account [email protected] with the subject line of position in which you are applying for.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
The deadline for application is 7 working days from this advertisement.